On Sep 18, 2018, China announced the decision to move forward with additional tariffs on approximately $60 billion in imported goods originating from the US.
In response to the US decision to levy additional tariffs on $200 billion of imported Chinese goods, China has announced retaliatory tariffs.
The additional tariffs will take effect on September 24th at rates of 10% and 5%, as specified in the following annexes:
- Annex 1 consists of 2493 HS Headings with an additional 10% tariff (Previously announced 25%)
- Annex 2 consists of 1078 HS Headings with an additional 10% tariff (Previously announced 20%)
- Annex 3 consists of 974 HS Heading with an additional 5% tariff (Previously announced 10%)
- Annex 4 consists of 662 HS Heading with an additional 5% tariff (Previously announced 5%)
Translated versions of the announcements and lists may be found here:
View the original announcement files here:
- New Section 301 Tariffs Take Effect Sept. 24 on Nearly $200 Billion in Chinese Imports
- China adds retaliatory 25% tariffs on $16 Billion of US Imports in response to US tariff threats
- Instructions for filing Section 301 Chinese tariff exclusion requests - Deadline October 9, 2018
- USTR Update: Section 301 Trade Remedies to be Assessed on Certain Products from China Effective July 6
- US-China Trade Conflict Continues with Tit-For-Tat Tariffs Set to be Effective July 6
- 2018 Transpacific Peak Season: Capacity Constraints