If you’re in the supply chain field, having connections throughout the industry is key to staying up on current trends, keeping ahead of competitors, and finding new opportunities to streamline and optimize your operations.
Social media is extremely helpful in this regard, with the professional network LinkedIn being a particular standout. Beyond LinkedIn’s capabilities for job postings and customer outreach, inter-industry communication is also made extremely easy.
With this in mind, we decided to present a round-up post of some key organizations and experts in supply chain or related industries who can offer insights, advice, news, and more.
- SupplyChainBrain – This group strives to be the world’s most comprehensive information resource for supply chain news, strategy, intelligence and innovation. Follow them to see posts on education opportunities in the field, emerging technologies, impact on global trade from tariff implementation, and so much more.
- Institute for Supply Management – This not-for-profit helps supply management professionals in over 100 countries. Their LinkedIn page regularly posts relevant industry updates, including post on topics such as economic outlooks, employment indexes, tariffs, blockchain, imports, and more.
- Supply Chain Digital – Visit this LinkedIn page if you’re wanting to find comprehensive roundups of industry news and trends. Recent posts include looks at current B2B payment platform initiatives, environmental efforts in the industry, the changes coming from the influx of driverless cars, and more. They also offer a digital magazine that is full of useful information from a variety of professionals.
- The Intermodal Association of North America – As stated on their LinkedIn page, the IANA is North America’s leading industry trade association for the intermodal freight industry. Be sure to follow their account for insights on expos, advances in technology, issues facing the field, and more.
- MHI – With a focus on U.S. material handling, logistics, and the supply chain, this nonprofit trade association is dedicated to helping those in the industry succeed and improve. Recent posts on their LinkedIn account include looks at the industry’s economic status, discussions on automation and AI, and ways to bridge generational gaps in the workplace. Be sure to give them a follow.
- Warehousing Education and Research Council – The organization lays claim to being the only professional organization focused on warehouse management and its role in the supply chain industry. Some recent posts include insights on hurricane preparedness for the industry, WERC 2019, health and safety programs, and more. Check them out!
- Purchasing & Global Supply Chain Professionals – If you are interested in sharing your knowledge, connecting with other professionals in the industry, and getting more experience with the global supply chain, we recommend checking out this growing LinkedIn group.
- Retail Industry Professionals Group (powered by Retail Dive) – According to their bio, this LinkedIn group is made up of professionals in the retail industry who are looking to grow their network, share ideas, and present questions for others to engage with.
- Supply Chain Dive – As one of the leading publications in the industry, Supply Chain Dive will enhance your feed in a number of ways. From industry news to key companies to keep an eye on and so much more, this LinkedIn page is a must follow.
- Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) – If you are in the supply chain industry, you probably have heard of RILA. As the national Retail Industry Leaders Association, they represent major companies such as Target, Walgreens, Best Buy and many more. Be sure to follow them to get a wide variety of news daily.
- Inbound Logistics – With over 300,000 followers on LinkedIn, this magazine reaches a lot of industry members. As a pioneer for supply chain, Inbound Logistics is a great resource to follow to gain extensive knowledge of important things going on within the industry.
Give UWL a Follow While You’re at ItAlong with all the LinkedIn accounts mentioned above, we hope you’ll follow UWL for insightful industry updates!